Saturday 2 August 2014

DR JART+ CTRL-A REVIEW

So skincare is something I battle with on a daily basis, as I'm sure a few of you will agree, its just a never ending battle! However recently, since being in South Korea I've stumbled across this brand, Dr Jart. 

It started out I needed a new moisturiser because mine was running low, so for ages I browsed all of the different ones available, and trust, there are A LOT available. Dr Jart+ Ctrl-A line really caught my eye, its designed specifically to clear up skin and prevent breakouts. After also reading that it has loads of other benefits, I was sold and I bought it right away. Even better, the moisturiser I bought had a sample size of their 'Liquid Foam' cleanser and 'Clarifying Toner'.

After using both for a week, morning and night I decided I needed to buy the toner, it actually worked miracles. For the first few days I just noticed my skin felt smoother. After five days I noticed that I had no spots. I said it, no spots! I was actually amazed. Also the liquid foam cleanser is so good in the mornings, it smells like menthol and it really feels like its breaking down all of the oil and residue on your skin. 

I also knew that I wanted a new BB cream as my Urban Decay ~ Naked is running low so I looked up many reviews of the Dr Jart+ Ctrl-A BB cream and of course, everybody was raving about it. I had previously tested it in a shop so I knew the colour was a good match. So I bought that too. I ordered them online as the BB cream is hard to get hold of in shops due to popularity and when the parcel arrived there were so many free samples! 



Who can say no to free stuff? (Not me, that's for sure, I'm a sucker when it comes to free samples). 
- A box of Derma cotton pads
- Dermaclear Micro Water
- Some blackhead removing nose strips
- More samples of Toner and Cleanser 
- Soothing Moisturiser sample
- 'Spot Out' sample
- Drying Spot correcter sample



Dr Jart+ Crtl-A BB cream (30,000₩) - It's a little thicker than Urban Decays Naked Beauty Balm, I guess this is because its a line created to deal with spots, so the coverage is good. It definitely evens out my skin tone and makes the appearance of my face seem smooth. Its lasting power is good, however after applying in the morning, by the evening my face is looking a little oily, so I just blot away the oil and add a little face powder and its good as new. The BB cream contains SPF 30 which is good for the summer time, particularly while its beach season here in South Korea! It's good for sensitive skin and I just think its great that while its doing all of this it contains ingredients which are also helping your skin recover. 



Dr Jart+ Ctrl-A range, has a massive yes from me! I plan to stock up before I leave Korea. 
If you're not in Korea, you can purchase Dr Jart+ from Sephora in the USA, or Boots in the UK. There are several different ranges available, including: V7 (a vitamin range), ACNE-X, Most Moist, Pore Medic, Renewalist as well as a men's range.  

It really impresses me that Dr Jart is a brand made up of dermatologists that actually care to treat the skin rather than covering it up and making it worse. 

3 comments:

  1. I rate this brand so much but it's a pain to get hold of here - especially in the tiny Kendal Boots haha! Really enjoyed your review, going to have to wave to more of my student loan now, cheers Louisa haha! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! My bad, it's so much cheaper here in Korea, loving it! :) x

      Delete
  2. I think so. I think your article will give those people a good reminding. And they will express thanks to you later
    octopus head massager

    ReplyDelete